I love Christmas. I don't have very many Christmas decorations at all, actually none. So my mother-in-law, Wendy, let me borrow some from her wide array of decor! I snagged a few odds and ends, but my favorite is her Christmas village. I have always wanted to own one of those, with the beautiful houses and tiny people and trees. I set it up on top of my entertainment center so that Phoenix can't destroy it. I think I will check out the stores after Christmas to find a clearance village of my own.
Yesterday was an eventful day for us. Between house cleaning and grocery shopping and other errands, Max and Jack escaped. Ugh. Lucky for me, Jack came back home, with a bird's nest in his mouth. But Max was yet to be found. I drove around the whole town of Mesquite (the whole town!) but couldn't find him. Finally, in the afternoon, I saw him running across the street being chased down by a policeman. Apparently he had barely avoided several car accidents and they were trying to catch him for hours. I was slightly embarrassed, but not much since this isn't the first, or second, or even tenth time this has happened. Max hopped in the car, fell asleep immediately (must have been tired from being a wild wanderer), and is with us safe and sound. For now.
Phoenix has been sick but he is finally getting better. After a week of having to wrestle him to wipe his boogie nose, he is grown up enough to now allow me a quick swipe. He'll even make blowing noises and say "uh-oh" to let me know when it's time for a wipe. Uh-oh is one of his favorite words. He says it a lot. I bought him some crayons and markers, and this morning he enjoyed coloring with me. He is getting so grown up! He mostly likes to take the lids off the markers and try to put them back on.
Isaac gets home on Monday, 3 more days to go. This job of his is very challenging but boy, does it make our time together even more precious, even sweeter. We get 3 days together this time before he has to head out on another show. I will definitely make the best of it. Uh-oh, Phoenix just said uh-oh. Better go get the tissue...
Friday, December 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Ike and Jess
Bath time
Phoenix loves his bath
What a cutie
Look at that precious smile!
Family Time
Laughing and playing
Phoenix and Max
Play time
What's on Daddy's head?
pretty flowers in our backyard
Mommy and Me
Here's my cute boy!
Mom and baby in the Jeep
Our new-to-us car
I love my new high chair!
Wake Up Time
I slept through the night!
Just hanging out
What a cute smirk!
Smith Family
Spending time out in the Nevada desert
Sleepy baby
He sleeps a lot, huh?
Smith, Party of 5
Jess, Isaac, PHX, Max, and Jack
Wake up time!
Funny bath!
Mmm....blueberries!
Laughing with Daddy
I drink my sippy all by myself!
The View From the Porch
Phoenix and Daddy with one of the rabbits
Just goin' for a walk
Mom and Phoenix
My two guys, the loves of my life
Breakfast with Daddy is his favorite thing now
Phoenix playing with Brooklyn, our friends' daughter, in Arizona
Lily, my adorable sister
Loving his toy mower
Climbing into the laundry basket
Max was licking his hair, which made it crazier than usual.
I have been meaning to teach him how to stack these things up like this...
but then one night he figured it out all on his own!
Getting ready for church. I could not tame his hair, just like Isaac's!
Admiring his church clothes.
Like father, like son. They are watching Monster Trucks on youtube. They did this ALL MORNING. :)
We call these his Ninja Jammies. Isaac got them at a Dollar Store in California.
Playing in the sandbox, he loves to get dirty. What a boy!
Phoenix loves to take rides on Max's back
Being goofy
Our kitchen
Isaac made our headboard from barn wood
Phoenix in Mommy's tummy
My big boy!
Happy 24th to Isaac
Laughing after bath time
The whole family at church
Bath time with Aunt Lily
Phoenix was a little wiggly...
Us before I got pregnant
We miss Max!
We miss Jack too!
Almost a year old!
Daddy and phx in the pool
mr. frog
Phoenix loves swimming with Mommy
so much fun!
My hubby's new haircut!
The last shot of Isaac's long hair...
He loves the porch
Mommy and Phoenix
Cuddle time









2 comments:
I love your tree! So pretty. Very cute village too. That mother in law of yours is the right person to go to if you need some knick knacks! :)
Jessica, your house looks so nice and you did a great job decorating it for Christmas. You are so good about taking just a few things and making it look perfect. I also enjoyed reading your recap of 2009. I love that you made the most out of your tough situations. When we begin to see the Lord's hand in our lives, that's when life becomes so much sweeter. And you were humble enough recognize that through all your trials, the Lord has a plan for you and for your family. You are a great person and I'm grateful to know you.
~Chelsey
Post a Comment