Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas

Christmas this year was incredible. I got to spend time with family, but most importantly, with my husband. I woke up Christmas morning to my dead but glowing tree and laying next to Isaac for the first time in a long time. Yay!

Some highlights of Christmas day...Isaac and I have not gotten each other Christmas gifts in a few years. So this year we decided to just fill each other's stockings. I gave him a few odds and ends that he needs for travelling for work (Axe body spray, travel size toiletries, etc) and a Bible. Very practical, all things he needs. He really surprised me this year. There is a marriage retreat I have wanted to go to with him for 3 years now, and he bought us tickets to the retreat. It is at our favorite Las Vegas hotel, The Red Rock Resort. We get to spend three days and two nights together alone, learning about God's design for marriage and growing in our love for each other. How exciting! Thanks babe. :)We ate lots of yummy food, including what I call Gamish Corn Hens (aka Cornish Game Hens)and my sister-in-law's delicious Oreo balls. Ahh...

Right now, Phoenix and I are in our La Quinta hotel room in Visalia, California. We made the seven hour drive yesterday, and upon arrival, realized we were stuck in a room half the size of what we were promised. This would normally be no big deal, but Phoenix and I will be living in this hotel for the next 5 days and we need space or we will go crazy! Isaac went straight down to the check-in desk and worked it all out. He came back up with a new key to a much more comfortable room. I am not an assertive person and would just as soon stay in the smaller, cramped room before I make a fuss. But that is why God gave me Isaac. He has the guts and heart to take care of his family and get us the room we need to stay sane during this trip. I love him for that. It is in these moments that I literally thank the Lord for giving me such an honest husband that doesn't get pushed around, like I would.

I am really looking forward to these next few days. Isaac will be at Costco working most of the time, but I get the luxury of seeing him in the morning and spending each night with him. That is all I could ask for. I brought all the necessities- tons of toys, Phoenix's portable bed, books and movies to keep us busy during the day while Isaac is gone. Isaac went last night at 10:00 PM to buy us groceries- bless him! And also, our new room's fridge was not working, so he unplugged it, carried the awkward thing over to the room we were in at first, and switched it with that fridge, which is much colder. Thank goodness for men like Isaac who might be a little rough on the edges, but also take good care of the ones they love. Can I get a shout out from all you women whose husbands are wonderful? :)

3 comments:

Shari said...

What a great husband you have! I'm so happy you guys won't have to be separated for the next few days. I know that someday you both will look back on this time of your lives and be very grateful for all you learned from it.

Merry Christmas!

Mallissa said...

Im so glad to hear that you get to spend some time with your sweet husband this time when hes working. I hope you guys had a great Christmas.

Kate said...

What a fun Christmas you had! I'm so glad you are getting time with Issac! We have a new url for our blog: http://www.kandbg.blogspot.com Love you girl!

Christmas 2009

Road Trip

Enjoy the Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Ike and Jess

Ike and Jess

Bath time

Bath time
Phoenix loves his bath

What a cutie

What a cutie
Look at that precious smile!

Family Time

Family Time

Laughing and playing

Laughing and playing

Phoenix and Max

Phoenix and Max

Play time

Play time

What's on Daddy's head?

What's on Daddy's head?

pretty flowers in our backyard

pretty flowers in our backyard

Mommy and Me

Mommy and Me

Here's my cute boy!

Here's my cute boy!

Mom and baby in the Jeep

Mom and baby in the Jeep

Our new-to-us car

Our new-to-us car

I love my new high chair!

I love my new high chair!

Wake Up Time

Wake Up Time

I slept through the night!

I slept through the night!

Just hanging out

Just hanging out

What a cute smirk!

What a cute smirk!

Smith Family

Smith Family
Spending time out in the Nevada desert

Sleepy baby

Sleepy baby
He sleeps a lot, huh?

Smith, Party of 5

Smith, Party of 5
Jess, Isaac, PHX, Max, and Jack

Wake up time!

Wake up time!

Funny bath!

Funny bath!

Mmm....blueberries!

Mmm....blueberries!

Laughing with Daddy

Laughing with Daddy

I drink my sippy all by myself!

I drink my sippy all by myself!

The View From the Porch

The View From the Porch

Phoenix and Daddy with one of the rabbits

Phoenix and Daddy with one of the rabbits

Just goin' for a walk

Just goin' for a walk

Mom and Phoenix

Mom and Phoenix

My two guys, the loves of my life

My two guys, the loves of my life

Breakfast with Daddy is his favorite thing now

Breakfast with Daddy is his favorite thing now

Phoenix playing with Brooklyn, our friends' daughter, in Arizona

Phoenix playing with Brooklyn, our friends' daughter, in Arizona

Lily, my adorable sister

Lily, my adorable sister

Loving his toy mower

Loving his toy mower

Climbing into the laundry basket

Climbing into the laundry basket

Max was licking his hair, which made it crazier than usual.

Max was licking his hair, which made it crazier than usual.

I have been meaning to teach him how to stack these things up like this...

I have been meaning to teach him how to stack these things up like this...

but then one night he figured it out all on his own!

but then one night he figured it out all on his own!

Getting ready for church. I could not tame his hair, just like Isaac's!

Getting ready for church. I could not tame his hair, just like Isaac's!

Admiring his church clothes.

Admiring his church clothes.

Like father, like son. They are watching Monster Trucks on youtube. They did this ALL MORNING. :)

Like father, like son. They are watching Monster Trucks on youtube. They did this ALL MORNING. :)

We call these his Ninja Jammies. Isaac got them at a Dollar Store in California.

We call these his Ninja Jammies. Isaac got them at a Dollar Store in California.

Playing in the sandbox, he loves to get dirty. What a boy!

Playing in the sandbox, he loves to get dirty. What a boy!

Phoenix loves to take rides on Max's back

Phoenix loves to take rides on Max's back

Being goofy

Being goofy

Our kitchen

Our kitchen

Isaac made our headboard from barn wood

Isaac made our headboard from barn wood

Phoenix in Mommy's tummy

Phoenix in Mommy's tummy

My big boy!

My big boy!

Happy 24th to Isaac

Happy 24th to Isaac

Laughing after bath time

Laughing after bath time

The whole family at church

The whole family at church

Bath time with Aunt Lily

Bath time with Aunt Lily

Phoenix was a little wiggly...

Phoenix was a little wiggly...

Us before I got pregnant

Us before I got pregnant

We miss Max!

We miss Max!

We miss Jack too!

We miss Jack too!

Almost a year old!

Almost a year old!

Daddy and phx in the pool

Daddy and phx in the pool

mr. frog

mr. frog

Phoenix loves swimming with Mommy

Phoenix loves swimming with Mommy

so much fun!

so much fun!

My hubby's new haircut!

My hubby's new haircut!

The last shot of Isaac's long hair...

The last shot of Isaac's long hair...

He loves the porch

He loves the porch

Mommy and Phoenix

Mommy and Phoenix
Cuddle time