Friday, December 11, 2009

Bursting Heart

My heart is so full right now. I feel a mixture of emotions. Sad because I am apart from Isaac again. Happy because one of my best friends has been set free, and that is as much detail as I will give. Joyful over knowing the Lord and grateful to be His daughter. Lonely as I look over the next 2 weeks and realize I will be waking up alone every morning without my personal Hubby Heater to snuggle up to. The strongest thing I am feeling right now...is Peace.

Jesus said "My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27. Jesus is so right, as usual! Sometimes when life is crazy, and I feel overwhelmed by the weight of my burdens, I say these words of Jesus to myself, sometimes out loud, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest... For my burden is light." Then I ask God, out loud or in my heart, "What does this mean? God, are you really going to get Isaac a new job so we don't have to be apart anymore? Are you really going to give me rest, or did you just say that? Do you really mean it?"

Then, with such loving patience that only a Father can have for his immature daughter, God reminds me that He is in control. Isaiah 55:8, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways," God said. Romans 8:28, "We know that in all things, God works for the good of those who love Him." Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." Psalm 138:8, "The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me. Your love, O Lord, endures forever. Do not abandon the work of your hands." These promises from God comfort me. Is God a liar? No, He has proved Himself trustworthy to me countless times. So if God is not a liar, then He will do what He says He will.

That means that He will hear and answer my prayers. Maybe not in the way I want Him to, or in the time frame I set up for Him. "God, please give Isaac a new job NOW!" I pray. But God's timing is not my own. The Bible says a day is like a thousand years to the Lord, and a thousand years like a day. When God promises He will prosper me, He will work out everything for my good, He will fulfil His purpose for me, I know He will. I know He will.

So I wait. My circumstances have not changed. Isaac is still gone, and loneliness makes its company in my heart. But I feel tangible relief from this: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." His peace makes no sense. Why should I feel joy in trials? I don't know. But my peace in the middle of my chaos is a gift from God that I welcome with hungry, open arms. "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you," God has promised. He is right, He is always right.

I am confident that God is using this season of my life to bring His name glory and to grow me up, for I am still a child. I do not understand a lot about Him. But I take comfort in that, too. Because if I understood everything about God, all of His ways and mysteries, then He would not be such a marvelous and life-changing God. He doesn't fit in my box, my puzzle, my human mind. I praise Him for that. He is so much more!

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him." 1 Corinthians 2:9.

1 comment:

Syssa said...

Jess, your words are so inspirational! I cant imagine as you grow in your faith (if that is even possible) how many hearts and lives you will touch! You are for sure an inspiration to me! I am so happy you are back in my life.

Christmas 2009

Road Trip

Enjoy the Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Ike and Jess

Ike and Jess

Bath time

Bath time
Phoenix loves his bath

What a cutie

What a cutie
Look at that precious smile!

Family Time

Family Time

Laughing and playing

Laughing and playing

Phoenix and Max

Phoenix and Max

Play time

Play time

What's on Daddy's head?

What's on Daddy's head?

pretty flowers in our backyard

pretty flowers in our backyard

Mommy and Me

Mommy and Me

Here's my cute boy!

Here's my cute boy!

Mom and baby in the Jeep

Mom and baby in the Jeep

Our new-to-us car

Our new-to-us car

I love my new high chair!

I love my new high chair!

Wake Up Time

Wake Up Time

I slept through the night!

I slept through the night!

Just hanging out

Just hanging out

What a cute smirk!

What a cute smirk!

Smith Family

Smith Family
Spending time out in the Nevada desert

Sleepy baby

Sleepy baby
He sleeps a lot, huh?

Smith, Party of 5

Smith, Party of 5
Jess, Isaac, PHX, Max, and Jack

Wake up time!

Wake up time!

Funny bath!

Funny bath!

Mmm....blueberries!

Mmm....blueberries!

Laughing with Daddy

Laughing with Daddy

I drink my sippy all by myself!

I drink my sippy all by myself!

The View From the Porch

The View From the Porch

Phoenix and Daddy with one of the rabbits

Phoenix and Daddy with one of the rabbits

Just goin' for a walk

Just goin' for a walk

Mom and Phoenix

Mom and Phoenix

My two guys, the loves of my life

My two guys, the loves of my life

Breakfast with Daddy is his favorite thing now

Breakfast with Daddy is his favorite thing now

Phoenix playing with Brooklyn, our friends' daughter, in Arizona

Phoenix playing with Brooklyn, our friends' daughter, in Arizona

Lily, my adorable sister

Lily, my adorable sister

Loving his toy mower

Loving his toy mower

Climbing into the laundry basket

Climbing into the laundry basket

Max was licking his hair, which made it crazier than usual.

Max was licking his hair, which made it crazier than usual.

I have been meaning to teach him how to stack these things up like this...

I have been meaning to teach him how to stack these things up like this...

but then one night he figured it out all on his own!

but then one night he figured it out all on his own!

Getting ready for church. I could not tame his hair, just like Isaac's!

Getting ready for church. I could not tame his hair, just like Isaac's!

Admiring his church clothes.

Admiring his church clothes.

Like father, like son. They are watching Monster Trucks on youtube. They did this ALL MORNING. :)

Like father, like son. They are watching Monster Trucks on youtube. They did this ALL MORNING. :)

We call these his Ninja Jammies. Isaac got them at a Dollar Store in California.

We call these his Ninja Jammies. Isaac got them at a Dollar Store in California.

Playing in the sandbox, he loves to get dirty. What a boy!

Playing in the sandbox, he loves to get dirty. What a boy!

Phoenix loves to take rides on Max's back

Phoenix loves to take rides on Max's back

Being goofy

Being goofy

Our kitchen

Our kitchen

Isaac made our headboard from barn wood

Isaac made our headboard from barn wood

Phoenix in Mommy's tummy

Phoenix in Mommy's tummy

My big boy!

My big boy!

Happy 24th to Isaac

Happy 24th to Isaac

Laughing after bath time

Laughing after bath time

The whole family at church

The whole family at church

Bath time with Aunt Lily

Bath time with Aunt Lily

Phoenix was a little wiggly...

Phoenix was a little wiggly...

Us before I got pregnant

Us before I got pregnant

We miss Max!

We miss Max!

We miss Jack too!

We miss Jack too!

Almost a year old!

Almost a year old!

Daddy and phx in the pool

Daddy and phx in the pool

mr. frog

mr. frog

Phoenix loves swimming with Mommy

Phoenix loves swimming with Mommy

so much fun!

so much fun!

My hubby's new haircut!

My hubby's new haircut!

The last shot of Isaac's long hair...

The last shot of Isaac's long hair...

He loves the porch

He loves the porch

Mommy and Phoenix

Mommy and Phoenix
Cuddle time