Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Good-Byes

This month, I will have to say a lot of good-byes. We are moving again for Isaac's job, this time to California. Somehwere in the Anaheim area, so on the plus side, we will have great weather, new sights to explore, the beach, and Disneyland. But these things I will truly miss:

1. Our church home. Calvary Chapel Mesquite is a very small, but very intimate, fellowship. I will miss the people, my pastor, my friends, serving in the nursery, and the awesome worship services. This church is amazing and really gave me so much.

2. Our dogs. We had to give Max and Jack away, because we are moving into a furnished apartment (not very doggie friendly), and after the summer is over we aren't sure where we'll be going. We just can't keep leaving our dogs with other people to watch while we figure out our life. We had those two boys for several years. They became a huge part of our life. Max was there for me during my morning sickness in both pregnancies, always by my side when I was throwing up or just couldn't get out of bed. And Jack was always good for a laugh. I will miss them both so much.

3. Small town living. I love being able to walk to the store if I want, that there is no traffic ever, that everyone knows everyone and the crime rate is practically non-existent. I grew up in a big city and for the first time ever, I got to spend some time in a small town. I have really enjoyed it.

4. Family. Isaac's parents live across the street, and my grandma and aunt live 5 minutes away. These people have really helped me through these past 6 months, with Isaac being gone so much for work, or with me being so sick with this pregnancy. I will really miss spending time with them.

I am very much looking forward to the journey ahead. There is something very refreshing and liberating about throwing all your stuff into storage and moving very far away to someplace new and unfamiliar. It is thrilling to take a bare-bones apartment and turn it into your home for the summer. It is exciting to get to know new people, shop at different grocery stores, and fall out of your regular routine.

Last summer, God did amazing things with my life. I know that this summer, He will do the same. Good-byes are tough, but there is always something to say hello to on the other side. "He gives, and He takes away."

2 comments:

Haley Hill said...

Good luck with moving Jess! And congrats on another baby!

Shari said...

You will only be an hour away from us!!! I'm so excited!

You are invited to Sunday dinner whenever you feel like coming!

Christmas 2009

Road Trip

Enjoy the Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Ike and Jess

Ike and Jess

Bath time

Bath time
Phoenix loves his bath

What a cutie

What a cutie
Look at that precious smile!

Family Time

Family Time

Laughing and playing

Laughing and playing

Phoenix and Max

Phoenix and Max

Play time

Play time

What's on Daddy's head?

What's on Daddy's head?

pretty flowers in our backyard

pretty flowers in our backyard

Mommy and Me

Mommy and Me

Here's my cute boy!

Here's my cute boy!

Mom and baby in the Jeep

Mom and baby in the Jeep

Our new-to-us car

Our new-to-us car

I love my new high chair!

I love my new high chair!

Wake Up Time

Wake Up Time

I slept through the night!

I slept through the night!

Just hanging out

Just hanging out

What a cute smirk!

What a cute smirk!

Smith Family

Smith Family
Spending time out in the Nevada desert

Sleepy baby

Sleepy baby
He sleeps a lot, huh?

Smith, Party of 5

Smith, Party of 5
Jess, Isaac, PHX, Max, and Jack

Wake up time!

Wake up time!

Funny bath!

Funny bath!

Mmm....blueberries!

Mmm....blueberries!

Laughing with Daddy

Laughing with Daddy

I drink my sippy all by myself!

I drink my sippy all by myself!

The View From the Porch

The View From the Porch

Phoenix and Daddy with one of the rabbits

Phoenix and Daddy with one of the rabbits

Just goin' for a walk

Just goin' for a walk

Mom and Phoenix

Mom and Phoenix

My two guys, the loves of my life

My two guys, the loves of my life

Breakfast with Daddy is his favorite thing now

Breakfast with Daddy is his favorite thing now

Phoenix playing with Brooklyn, our friends' daughter, in Arizona

Phoenix playing with Brooklyn, our friends' daughter, in Arizona

Lily, my adorable sister

Lily, my adorable sister

Loving his toy mower

Loving his toy mower

Climbing into the laundry basket

Climbing into the laundry basket

Max was licking his hair, which made it crazier than usual.

Max was licking his hair, which made it crazier than usual.

I have been meaning to teach him how to stack these things up like this...

I have been meaning to teach him how to stack these things up like this...

but then one night he figured it out all on his own!

but then one night he figured it out all on his own!

Getting ready for church. I could not tame his hair, just like Isaac's!

Getting ready for church. I could not tame his hair, just like Isaac's!

Admiring his church clothes.

Admiring his church clothes.

Like father, like son. They are watching Monster Trucks on youtube. They did this ALL MORNING. :)

Like father, like son. They are watching Monster Trucks on youtube. They did this ALL MORNING. :)

We call these his Ninja Jammies. Isaac got them at a Dollar Store in California.

We call these his Ninja Jammies. Isaac got them at a Dollar Store in California.

Playing in the sandbox, he loves to get dirty. What a boy!

Playing in the sandbox, he loves to get dirty. What a boy!

Phoenix loves to take rides on Max's back

Phoenix loves to take rides on Max's back

Being goofy

Being goofy

Our kitchen

Our kitchen

Isaac made our headboard from barn wood

Isaac made our headboard from barn wood

Phoenix in Mommy's tummy

Phoenix in Mommy's tummy

My big boy!

My big boy!

Happy 24th to Isaac

Happy 24th to Isaac

Laughing after bath time

Laughing after bath time

The whole family at church

The whole family at church

Bath time with Aunt Lily

Bath time with Aunt Lily

Phoenix was a little wiggly...

Phoenix was a little wiggly...

Us before I got pregnant

Us before I got pregnant

We miss Max!

We miss Max!

We miss Jack too!

We miss Jack too!

Almost a year old!

Almost a year old!

Daddy and phx in the pool

Daddy and phx in the pool

mr. frog

mr. frog

Phoenix loves swimming with Mommy

Phoenix loves swimming with Mommy

so much fun!

so much fun!

My hubby's new haircut!

My hubby's new haircut!

The last shot of Isaac's long hair...

The last shot of Isaac's long hair...

He loves the porch

He loves the porch

Mommy and Phoenix

Mommy and Phoenix
Cuddle time