Since the last time I wrote in this blog, a few things have changed. Isaac is no longer working for VitaMix, which has been like a breath of fresh air each day. He is home everyday, and he and Phoenix are developing a deeper Daddy/Son bond. And the timing is impeccable...now that I am pregnant (yes, 6 weeks along and due October 22nd), I need his help so much and could NOT do this with him being gone for 10 days at a time. He has been so helpful and encouraging. He takes care of Phoenix and all the housework for me when I am just too sick to get off the floor, which this week has been everyday. I remember being sick with Phoenix, but not this sick. Ugh.
We visited my Texas family in January. That was so much fun. Phoenix and Lily both walk now and actually played together for the first time. Also, a couple of weeks ago, we drove to Gilbert, Arizona. We stayed with our friends, Nate and Taryn, and Isaac spent the week selling alarms for the first time since last summer. He is starting to get the hang of it again. We move to Washington in May for the summer. I thought we would never do another summer of alarm sales, and yet here we are. I prayed for the Lord to give us something besides VitaMix, and alarms is not the best option but it will be another great adventure. Luckily I should be done with this "morning sickness" ( more like 24/7 sickness) by the time we move to Washington and Isaac has to be away from home for 10-12 hours a day again.
I have not been reading my Bible or praying as often as I should. Also, exercise is difficult with my nausea and upset stomach. But I am making it a goal to do better in these areas. I always feel 100% better about life when I put God first, where He should always be, and take care of myself by exercising. It's just been so hard this week since I feel like I could lay in bed all day and I rarely feel like doing anything at all.
I have to take Scripture and personalize it: "I can do ALL things (even live through the first trimester of pregnancy) through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13. "For I know the plans I have for you... plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11. Father God, please help me through this. You have blessed me with this baby, and now I pray that You will help me deal with this sickness. Amen.
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Ike and Jess
Bath time
Phoenix loves his bath
What a cutie
Look at that precious smile!
Family Time
Laughing and playing
Phoenix and Max
Play time
What's on Daddy's head?
pretty flowers in our backyard
Mommy and Me
Here's my cute boy!
Mom and baby in the Jeep
Our new-to-us car
I love my new high chair!
Wake Up Time
I slept through the night!
Just hanging out
What a cute smirk!
Smith Family
Spending time out in the Nevada desert
Sleepy baby
He sleeps a lot, huh?
Smith, Party of 5
Jess, Isaac, PHX, Max, and Jack
Wake up time!
Funny bath!
Mmm....blueberries!
Laughing with Daddy
I drink my sippy all by myself!
The View From the Porch
Phoenix and Daddy with one of the rabbits
Just goin' for a walk
Mom and Phoenix
My two guys, the loves of my life
Breakfast with Daddy is his favorite thing now
Phoenix playing with Brooklyn, our friends' daughter, in Arizona
Lily, my adorable sister
Loving his toy mower
Climbing into the laundry basket
Max was licking his hair, which made it crazier than usual.
I have been meaning to teach him how to stack these things up like this...
but then one night he figured it out all on his own!
Getting ready for church. I could not tame his hair, just like Isaac's!
Admiring his church clothes.
Like father, like son. They are watching Monster Trucks on youtube. They did this ALL MORNING. :)
We call these his Ninja Jammies. Isaac got them at a Dollar Store in California.
Playing in the sandbox, he loves to get dirty. What a boy!
Phoenix loves to take rides on Max's back
Being goofy
Our kitchen
Isaac made our headboard from barn wood
Phoenix in Mommy's tummy
My big boy!
Happy 24th to Isaac
Laughing after bath time
The whole family at church
Bath time with Aunt Lily
Phoenix was a little wiggly...
Us before I got pregnant
We miss Max!
We miss Jack too!
Almost a year old!
Daddy and phx in the pool
mr. frog
Phoenix loves swimming with Mommy
so much fun!
My hubby's new haircut!
The last shot of Isaac's long hair...
He loves the porch
Mommy and Phoenix
Cuddle time









3 comments:
Well congrats on the pregnancy! That is great news even though you feel so yucky. It will pass. Hang in there and remember that later on it just won't matter that the house got a little messy during the hard times. :)
Wish we were closer so I could help.
I am glad you have a blog! I am better at blogging than I am at facebooking (yes, that is a verb). I hope you start feeling better soon!
Nicole (Morrill) Lawrence
CONGRATULATION on the Baby! I am so excited for you! Hope you feel better sooN! :)
Post a Comment