Last night, Isaac and I were laying on our mattress in the living room and looking up stuff on the Internet (since we had sold our TV, couch, and entertainment center earlier that day for $17 to a guy who had just moved here from Colorado and needed furniture). We found this HILARIOUS picture of a girl sitting on a play horse, and her face is so silly that I laughed until I cried, literally, tears. I saw the picture again today and still laughed my buns off. So I had it pulled up on Wendy's computer (our power is turned off) and Phoenix came over, saw it, and said "Ewwww....". Ah. I laughed again, squeezed his face, kissed him, and thanked God for that moment.
We move to California tomorrow. It's been a crazy few days, packing and cleaning and saying good-bye to people. After being sick for so many weeks with this pregnancy, I really felt like a prisoner in my own home. Things had gotten so disorganized, unclean, and out of control. But this move is a lifesaver. I got to go through every corner, closet, and drawer and throw away things we don't need. Moving can be sad but is always refreshing. We looked up our apartments in California online, and they look very cute and nice. I am excited to have another summer with just the bare essentials- no TV, none of our own furniture, just the summer weather, a new town to explore, and lots of things to learn. The 8-hour drive is not great, but after that it will be exciting.
A few weeks ago we went to the fair here in Nevada. It was so relaxing to have an afternoon spent outdoors, with my little family of three (four if you count the baby in my belly), with nothing to do except walk at a leisurely pace, see the pigs and goats and rabbits and chickens, eat homemade ice cream and delicious root beer, and watch our son marvel at the tractors and eat cotton candy for the first time. It was precious and priceless, like a miracle day.
Then we spent 5 days in California, so Isaac could work for a few days and we could check out where we'll be living for the summer. Santa Maria is where we will be (not Anaheim, Disneyland will have to wait), and it is a very nice town. We went to a great Farmer's Market, which is where I plan to do a lot of my summer grocery shopping. The fruits and vegetables you can get at these markets are amazing and beautiful, and so fresh tasting. There is just something special about getting your produce straight from the farmer instead of from the aisles at Wal Mart. Thus far, Phoenix has handled the travelling very well. It's an 8 hour drive without traffic, and every time we are done with the drive, I let out a big sigh and wonder how we made it through with our almost-2 year-old in the backseat. Then I wonder how we made it through our 24-hour drive last summer. Aye yay yay!
I really feel the Lord working in my life right now, arranging my future for me and calling me to grow in my walk with Him. I love the Lord so much, not just for what He gives me and the blessings in my life, but for who He is (my Father, Savior, Comforter, Provider, Best Friend) and what He has done for me already on the cross. God is good, and life without Him is no life at all.
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Ike and Jess
Bath time
Phoenix loves his bath
What a cutie
Look at that precious smile!
Family Time
Laughing and playing
Phoenix and Max
Play time
What's on Daddy's head?
pretty flowers in our backyard
Mommy and Me
Here's my cute boy!
Mom and baby in the Jeep
Our new-to-us car
I love my new high chair!
Wake Up Time
I slept through the night!
Just hanging out
What a cute smirk!
Smith Family
Spending time out in the Nevada desert
Sleepy baby
He sleeps a lot, huh?
Smith, Party of 5
Jess, Isaac, PHX, Max, and Jack
Wake up time!
Funny bath!
Mmm....blueberries!
Laughing with Daddy
I drink my sippy all by myself!
The View From the Porch
Phoenix and Daddy with one of the rabbits
Just goin' for a walk
Mom and Phoenix
My two guys, the loves of my life
Breakfast with Daddy is his favorite thing now
Phoenix playing with Brooklyn, our friends' daughter, in Arizona
Lily, my adorable sister
Loving his toy mower
Climbing into the laundry basket
Max was licking his hair, which made it crazier than usual.
I have been meaning to teach him how to stack these things up like this...
but then one night he figured it out all on his own!
Getting ready for church. I could not tame his hair, just like Isaac's!
Admiring his church clothes.
Like father, like son. They are watching Monster Trucks on youtube. They did this ALL MORNING. :)
We call these his Ninja Jammies. Isaac got them at a Dollar Store in California.
Playing in the sandbox, he loves to get dirty. What a boy!
Phoenix loves to take rides on Max's back
Being goofy
Our kitchen
Isaac made our headboard from barn wood
Phoenix in Mommy's tummy
My big boy!
Happy 24th to Isaac
Laughing after bath time
The whole family at church
Bath time with Aunt Lily
Phoenix was a little wiggly...
Us before I got pregnant
We miss Max!
We miss Jack too!
Almost a year old!
Daddy and phx in the pool
mr. frog
Phoenix loves swimming with Mommy
so much fun!
My hubby's new haircut!
The last shot of Isaac's long hair...
He loves the porch
Mommy and Phoenix
Cuddle time









No comments:
Post a Comment