Yesterday, Isaac had a rare day without any appointments to go to, so we decided to have a Dream Day. I recommend this to anyone! We drove around with our camera and took pictures of anything we hope to accomplish some day. We didn't get as many pictures as I'd like, since Joslynn and Phoenix were not big fans of riding in the car for hours, but we did get a great picture of a farm house on lots of land (like what we have only much more land and the house had a wrap-around porch). We also took photos of horses.
Our little road trip lasted all day and we encountered some interesting things along the way. On one of our stops, there was a head on collision accident (praise God, nobody was hurt). That was very exciting for Phoenix because there was a tow truck and he loves big trucks. He and Isaac stood by watching that scene for 15 minutes. We ended up in a town called Smithville (must say, I love the name). This is the town where one of my favorite movies was filmed, "Hope Floats." So we got to see all of the locations where the movie was filmed and that was neat. Check that off my Bucket List! Smithville is a very cute town, and it used to be a railroad town so the little Visitor's Center there was full of train pictures and toy trains that Phoenix just loved to play with. They also had some old, original trains out on the tracks that he got to climb around on. He loved it. Also, a new movie is coming out soon called "Tree of Life" starring Sean Penn and Brad Pitt (comes out June 3rd). It looks like a good movie and it, too, was filmed in Smithville. If it isn't rated R, I will be sure to check it out.
It was a lot of fun to visit a small, country town that they say is a town still stuck in the 1950's, meaning it is a safe community with great family values and a faith-based population. We really loved it there and had a lot of fun. I was raised a city girl, but I must say that the combination of being married to Isaac and living in Texas has brought me to love the small town country life.
Saturday, May 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Ike and Jess
Bath time
Phoenix loves his bath
What a cutie
Look at that precious smile!
Family Time
Laughing and playing
Phoenix and Max
Play time
What's on Daddy's head?
pretty flowers in our backyard
Mommy and Me
Here's my cute boy!
Mom and baby in the Jeep
Our new-to-us car
I love my new high chair!
Wake Up Time
I slept through the night!
Just hanging out
What a cute smirk!
Smith Family
Spending time out in the Nevada desert
Sleepy baby
He sleeps a lot, huh?
Smith, Party of 5
Jess, Isaac, PHX, Max, and Jack
Wake up time!
Funny bath!
Mmm....blueberries!
Laughing with Daddy
I drink my sippy all by myself!
The View From the Porch
Phoenix and Daddy with one of the rabbits
Just goin' for a walk
Mom and Phoenix
My two guys, the loves of my life
Breakfast with Daddy is his favorite thing now
Phoenix playing with Brooklyn, our friends' daughter, in Arizona
Lily, my adorable sister
Loving his toy mower
Climbing into the laundry basket
Max was licking his hair, which made it crazier than usual.
I have been meaning to teach him how to stack these things up like this...
but then one night he figured it out all on his own!
Getting ready for church. I could not tame his hair, just like Isaac's!
Admiring his church clothes.
Like father, like son. They are watching Monster Trucks on youtube. They did this ALL MORNING. :)
We call these his Ninja Jammies. Isaac got them at a Dollar Store in California.
Playing in the sandbox, he loves to get dirty. What a boy!
Phoenix loves to take rides on Max's back
Being goofy
Our kitchen
Isaac made our headboard from barn wood
Phoenix in Mommy's tummy
My big boy!
Happy 24th to Isaac
Laughing after bath time
The whole family at church
Bath time with Aunt Lily
Phoenix was a little wiggly...
Us before I got pregnant
We miss Max!
We miss Jack too!
Almost a year old!
Daddy and phx in the pool
mr. frog
Phoenix loves swimming with Mommy
so much fun!
My hubby's new haircut!
The last shot of Isaac's long hair...
He loves the porch
Mommy and Phoenix
Cuddle time









2 comments:
You guys look great! I can't believe how big Phoenix has gotten.
So good to hear from you and that you're happy.
Sounds like a great adventure! I cant believe how big Phoenix looks. I still have never met him. But it would be great to get together again one day. Hope things continue to go well for you guys. Miss you lots.
Post a Comment