The weather here brings me mixed emotions. On the one hand, I really love the mild winters. On the other hand, the summers are terribly hot but mostly HUMID! Thank the Lord I have curly hair, so the humidity helps my hair. Summer is just around the corner already, so I am enjoying the more mild Spring weather. We have spent a lot of time doing outside things: playing in the water (which is just me spraying Phoenix and Mack with a hose), blowing bubbles, and the continual garden preparations (weeding, watering, tilling). And there is still the everyday trip to the mailbox that we all enjoy. Each day around 11 AM, I carry Joslynn on my hip (which is where she spends most of her waking hours) and walk down the gravel pathway to our mailbox, with Phoenix and Mack trotting alongside me.
I recently started persuading Phoenix to take naps again. He has been missing his daily nap for about a month and seemed cranky and irritable from about 3 PM until the end of the day (a very long day!). So now, after lunch at noon, we read stories (as active as Phoenix is, I am still awed that he likes to sit down with me and read) and then he lays on his favorite blue blankie that he has had since birth, and watches a Baby Einstein. After 15 minutes of this classical music show, he is out like a light, and is much happier for the rest of the day.
Joslynn turns 6 months old this week (wow!). She is rolling over, sticking her feet in her mouth (flexible!), and developing such a sweet personality. She is very gentle and has such a sweet spirit. She loves her Daddy and her brother (and me, of course), and she is laughing and talking more and more each day. Sometimes I hold her so close to me and thank God in my heart for giving her to me. She smells divine all the time and rarely throws a fit of any kind. She balances out her brother quite well. She is a breath of fresh air.
Isaac is doing great. He recently added selling insurance to his list of talents. He has been doing great and loves the change of pace. The alarm business was great for us for two years, but we felt it was time to move on to something different (which God confirmed for us over and over). I do credit handfuls of life lessons learned to our time spent selling alarms. We will see what God has in store for us in the insurance business!
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him..." Romans 15:13
Saturday, April 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Ike and Jess
Bath time
Phoenix loves his bath
What a cutie
Look at that precious smile!
Family Time
Laughing and playing
Phoenix and Max
Play time
What's on Daddy's head?
pretty flowers in our backyard
Mommy and Me
Here's my cute boy!
Mom and baby in the Jeep
Our new-to-us car
I love my new high chair!
Wake Up Time
I slept through the night!
Just hanging out
What a cute smirk!
Smith Family
Spending time out in the Nevada desert
Sleepy baby
He sleeps a lot, huh?
Smith, Party of 5
Jess, Isaac, PHX, Max, and Jack
Wake up time!
Funny bath!
Mmm....blueberries!
Laughing with Daddy
I drink my sippy all by myself!
The View From the Porch
Phoenix and Daddy with one of the rabbits
Just goin' for a walk
Mom and Phoenix
My two guys, the loves of my life
Breakfast with Daddy is his favorite thing now
Phoenix playing with Brooklyn, our friends' daughter, in Arizona
Lily, my adorable sister
Loving his toy mower
Climbing into the laundry basket
Max was licking his hair, which made it crazier than usual.
I have been meaning to teach him how to stack these things up like this...
but then one night he figured it out all on his own!
Getting ready for church. I could not tame his hair, just like Isaac's!
Admiring his church clothes.
Like father, like son. They are watching Monster Trucks on youtube. They did this ALL MORNING. :)
We call these his Ninja Jammies. Isaac got them at a Dollar Store in California.
Playing in the sandbox, he loves to get dirty. What a boy!
Phoenix loves to take rides on Max's back
Being goofy
Our kitchen
Isaac made our headboard from barn wood
Phoenix in Mommy's tummy
My big boy!
Happy 24th to Isaac
Laughing after bath time
The whole family at church
Bath time with Aunt Lily
Phoenix was a little wiggly...
Us before I got pregnant
We miss Max!
We miss Jack too!
Almost a year old!
Daddy and phx in the pool
mr. frog
Phoenix loves swimming with Mommy
so much fun!
My hubby's new haircut!
The last shot of Isaac's long hair...
He loves the porch
Mommy and Phoenix
Cuddle time









No comments:
Post a Comment