Thursday, September 16, 2010

Birthdays

Phoenix celebrated his 2nd birthday on August 24th. We had a small celebration, since we aren't near family or friends right now, so it was just me, Isaac, Phoenix. He was more excited about the candles on his cake than actually eating it. In fact, after the candles were all blown out, he asked us to light them again. And a few minutes later, he proceeded to put a candle in his mouth, eat the wax, and spit out the wick. Yucky. He did all this while I was cutting the cake, so praise God he didn't choke on it or something. I guess he thought the candles were edible...after all, they were covered in yummy tasting frosting.

Isaac turned 25 a couple weeks later, on September 4. He had to work on his birthday, but that night we had a little barbecue complete with confetti cupcakes, one of his favorites. He bought some new undershirts for work as his present. Holidays can be a little lonely out here in California, but at the same time they are wonderful because we are starting traditions that include just our small family of three (soon to be four).

Our anniversary was on September 8th. Four years of wedded bliss! We celebrated a week early by spending the night in Las Vegas at our favorite hotel, the Red Rock. Phoenix spent some time with Gamma and Papa, and stayed the night with his cousins, Weston, Andrew, and Madison. It was so nice to enjoy some time with my husband without Phoenix screaming or running around the restaurant. What a nice surprise and blessing that trip was!

I am 35 weeks along, so there is only about a month left until this little baby is born. I feel great and have been blessed tremendously with a healthy pregnancy. This summer has been such a learning experience. We have learned many lessons, mainly to trust in the Lord even more than we have in the past. In a world of suffering, economic uncertainty, and just the trials of day to day life, the Lord is our Rock and He will never change. Praise Him for His faithfulness! No matter what happens here on earth, if we trust in Jesus Christ as our Savior, then we are given an eternal inheritance to look forward to. This life is just a mist, a vapor. But life for believers in Jesus will go on forever.

"Our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ." Philippians 3:20

2 comments:

Shari said...

So good to hear from you! When I heard you got to go away alone with Isaac I was so happy for you guys! You deserved that.

You look as beautiful as always. Such a cute pregnant mom.

Wish we were closer so i could help you when the baby comes.

Mallissa said...

I cant believe your little man is 2 now!! Im also glad to hear you got some time alone with your husband for your anniversary. You look great!

Christmas 2009

Road Trip

Enjoy the Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Ike and Jess

Ike and Jess

Bath time

Bath time
Phoenix loves his bath

What a cutie

What a cutie
Look at that precious smile!

Family Time

Family Time

Laughing and playing

Laughing and playing

Phoenix and Max

Phoenix and Max

Play time

Play time

What's on Daddy's head?

What's on Daddy's head?

pretty flowers in our backyard

pretty flowers in our backyard

Mommy and Me

Mommy and Me

Here's my cute boy!

Here's my cute boy!

Mom and baby in the Jeep

Mom and baby in the Jeep

Our new-to-us car

Our new-to-us car

I love my new high chair!

I love my new high chair!

Wake Up Time

Wake Up Time

I slept through the night!

I slept through the night!

Just hanging out

Just hanging out

What a cute smirk!

What a cute smirk!

Smith Family

Smith Family
Spending time out in the Nevada desert

Sleepy baby

Sleepy baby
He sleeps a lot, huh?

Smith, Party of 5

Smith, Party of 5
Jess, Isaac, PHX, Max, and Jack

Wake up time!

Wake up time!

Funny bath!

Funny bath!

Mmm....blueberries!

Mmm....blueberries!

Laughing with Daddy

Laughing with Daddy

I drink my sippy all by myself!

I drink my sippy all by myself!

The View From the Porch

The View From the Porch

Phoenix and Daddy with one of the rabbits

Phoenix and Daddy with one of the rabbits

Just goin' for a walk

Just goin' for a walk

Mom and Phoenix

Mom and Phoenix

My two guys, the loves of my life

My two guys, the loves of my life

Breakfast with Daddy is his favorite thing now

Breakfast with Daddy is his favorite thing now

Phoenix playing with Brooklyn, our friends' daughter, in Arizona

Phoenix playing with Brooklyn, our friends' daughter, in Arizona

Lily, my adorable sister

Lily, my adorable sister

Loving his toy mower

Loving his toy mower

Climbing into the laundry basket

Climbing into the laundry basket

Max was licking his hair, which made it crazier than usual.

Max was licking his hair, which made it crazier than usual.

I have been meaning to teach him how to stack these things up like this...

I have been meaning to teach him how to stack these things up like this...

but then one night he figured it out all on his own!

but then one night he figured it out all on his own!

Getting ready for church. I could not tame his hair, just like Isaac's!

Getting ready for church. I could not tame his hair, just like Isaac's!

Admiring his church clothes.

Admiring his church clothes.

Like father, like son. They are watching Monster Trucks on youtube. They did this ALL MORNING. :)

Like father, like son. They are watching Monster Trucks on youtube. They did this ALL MORNING. :)

We call these his Ninja Jammies. Isaac got them at a Dollar Store in California.

We call these his Ninja Jammies. Isaac got them at a Dollar Store in California.

Playing in the sandbox, he loves to get dirty. What a boy!

Playing in the sandbox, he loves to get dirty. What a boy!

Phoenix loves to take rides on Max's back

Phoenix loves to take rides on Max's back

Being goofy

Being goofy

Our kitchen

Our kitchen

Isaac made our headboard from barn wood

Isaac made our headboard from barn wood

Phoenix in Mommy's tummy

Phoenix in Mommy's tummy

My big boy!

My big boy!

Happy 24th to Isaac

Happy 24th to Isaac

Laughing after bath time

Laughing after bath time

The whole family at church

The whole family at church

Bath time with Aunt Lily

Bath time with Aunt Lily

Phoenix was a little wiggly...

Phoenix was a little wiggly...

Us before I got pregnant

Us before I got pregnant

We miss Max!

We miss Max!

We miss Jack too!

We miss Jack too!

Almost a year old!

Almost a year old!

Daddy and phx in the pool

Daddy and phx in the pool

mr. frog

mr. frog

Phoenix loves swimming with Mommy

Phoenix loves swimming with Mommy

so much fun!

so much fun!

My hubby's new haircut!

My hubby's new haircut!

The last shot of Isaac's long hair...

The last shot of Isaac's long hair...

He loves the porch

He loves the porch

Mommy and Phoenix

Mommy and Phoenix
Cuddle time