Sunday, September 19, 2010

AWESOME

I have been worrying. I hate to say that, but I have had feelings of anxiety for a couple of days. This is hard for me to admit because as a believer in Christ, I have His Word hidden in my heart to help me through times like these. Scriptures about trusting in God and giving Him all my burdens come to mind, but I just couldn't seem to lay it all down at His feet, and the feeling of peace as promised in Philippians 4:7 was not there in my heart and mind.

So, very late last night, Isaac and I prayed together about what is going on in our life, seeking the Lord's wisdom for our life. I felt the Spirit bring to mind the parable Jesus says in the gospel of Luke, when He says "Consider the lilies of the field..." the parable that reminds us that if God clothes the flowers with such beauty and splendor, how much more will he take care of His children? I also felt a strong urge to go to church in the morning, sensing that God had something planned for me there. And He did.

The worship was sweet, bringing tears to my eyes. I just love singing praises to my Creator. And instead of a sermon, we watched something called "Indescribable", which was so neat. We got to see several pictures from outer space of things like galaxies, stars, etc. It helped me realize how small I am. Just one small person in a huge world, on one small planet in a HUGE universe. There is more out there than just our nine planets and billions os stars. Our telescopes cannot even extend far enough into space to get a picture of what is really out there. Wow...and to think that as small as I am, God loves me. God loves ME! The last image we saw in the video was of Jesus on the cross. Wow, what a moment of silence. Jesus, the Creator of this universe, so vast and powerful, came to this little speck of a planet because HE LOVES US. Death on a cross, so that we could live with Him forever, so that we could have a personal and intimate relationship with our God.

So I realized that the worries of my life are nothing compared to the awesomeness of God. If my Creator could create the universe, so big that astronomers haven't even begun to touch the surface of it, then surely He will take care of me. God looks through the galaxies and vastness of the universe, and sees right into my heart. He knows the name of every star, sees every leaf that falls, and knows every thought in the mind of every person who has ever lived. The same God that created planet earth also created the baby inside of me. Try to wrap your mind around that...I sure can't! He has got it under control! And life is about so much more than me, anyway. Thanks for the powerful reminder, God! And now I have peace.

"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

"Wait for the Lord. Be strong and take heart, and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:14

2 comments:

Shari said...

Beautifully written. :)

Shari said...

Hi Jessica! Congrats on your new baby girl. So happy for you guys.

I have a bunch of girl stuff I can send to you if you need it. I even have a super soft, pink car seat cover if you're interested?

Let me know.
Email me.
shari.dorian@gmail.com

Christmas 2009

Road Trip

Enjoy the Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Ike and Jess

Ike and Jess

Bath time

Bath time
Phoenix loves his bath

What a cutie

What a cutie
Look at that precious smile!

Family Time

Family Time

Laughing and playing

Laughing and playing

Phoenix and Max

Phoenix and Max

Play time

Play time

What's on Daddy's head?

What's on Daddy's head?

pretty flowers in our backyard

pretty flowers in our backyard

Mommy and Me

Mommy and Me

Here's my cute boy!

Here's my cute boy!

Mom and baby in the Jeep

Mom and baby in the Jeep

Our new-to-us car

Our new-to-us car

I love my new high chair!

I love my new high chair!

Wake Up Time

Wake Up Time

I slept through the night!

I slept through the night!

Just hanging out

Just hanging out

What a cute smirk!

What a cute smirk!

Smith Family

Smith Family
Spending time out in the Nevada desert

Sleepy baby

Sleepy baby
He sleeps a lot, huh?

Smith, Party of 5

Smith, Party of 5
Jess, Isaac, PHX, Max, and Jack

Wake up time!

Wake up time!

Funny bath!

Funny bath!

Mmm....blueberries!

Mmm....blueberries!

Laughing with Daddy

Laughing with Daddy

I drink my sippy all by myself!

I drink my sippy all by myself!

The View From the Porch

The View From the Porch

Phoenix and Daddy with one of the rabbits

Phoenix and Daddy with one of the rabbits

Just goin' for a walk

Just goin' for a walk

Mom and Phoenix

Mom and Phoenix

My two guys, the loves of my life

My two guys, the loves of my life

Breakfast with Daddy is his favorite thing now

Breakfast with Daddy is his favorite thing now

Phoenix playing with Brooklyn, our friends' daughter, in Arizona

Phoenix playing with Brooklyn, our friends' daughter, in Arizona

Lily, my adorable sister

Lily, my adorable sister

Loving his toy mower

Loving his toy mower

Climbing into the laundry basket

Climbing into the laundry basket

Max was licking his hair, which made it crazier than usual.

Max was licking his hair, which made it crazier than usual.

I have been meaning to teach him how to stack these things up like this...

I have been meaning to teach him how to stack these things up like this...

but then one night he figured it out all on his own!

but then one night he figured it out all on his own!

Getting ready for church. I could not tame his hair, just like Isaac's!

Getting ready for church. I could not tame his hair, just like Isaac's!

Admiring his church clothes.

Admiring his church clothes.

Like father, like son. They are watching Monster Trucks on youtube. They did this ALL MORNING. :)

Like father, like son. They are watching Monster Trucks on youtube. They did this ALL MORNING. :)

We call these his Ninja Jammies. Isaac got them at a Dollar Store in California.

We call these his Ninja Jammies. Isaac got them at a Dollar Store in California.

Playing in the sandbox, he loves to get dirty. What a boy!

Playing in the sandbox, he loves to get dirty. What a boy!

Phoenix loves to take rides on Max's back

Phoenix loves to take rides on Max's back

Being goofy

Being goofy

Our kitchen

Our kitchen

Isaac made our headboard from barn wood

Isaac made our headboard from barn wood

Phoenix in Mommy's tummy

Phoenix in Mommy's tummy

My big boy!

My big boy!

Happy 24th to Isaac

Happy 24th to Isaac

Laughing after bath time

Laughing after bath time

The whole family at church

The whole family at church

Bath time with Aunt Lily

Bath time with Aunt Lily

Phoenix was a little wiggly...

Phoenix was a little wiggly...

Us before I got pregnant

Us before I got pregnant

We miss Max!

We miss Max!

We miss Jack too!

We miss Jack too!

Almost a year old!

Almost a year old!

Daddy and phx in the pool

Daddy and phx in the pool

mr. frog

mr. frog

Phoenix loves swimming with Mommy

Phoenix loves swimming with Mommy

so much fun!

so much fun!

My hubby's new haircut!

My hubby's new haircut!

The last shot of Isaac's long hair...

The last shot of Isaac's long hair...

He loves the porch

He loves the porch

Mommy and Phoenix

Mommy and Phoenix
Cuddle time