Friday, October 9, 2009

Goodbye Summer, Fall is Here!

We have really enjoyed our summer. It's been the most exciting summer we've ever had, and included the following adventures:

1. We lived in four states- from Utah, to Missouri, to Texas, and now we are temporarily settled in Nevada. We enjoyed the chaos of moving and learned more things than I can tell. If you ever want to learn a lot about life and about yourself, then sell all your furniture and go on an adventure, trusting God as your leader!

2. Phoenix is not a baby, he is a toddler. A year old, not nearly as bald, starting to talk (his latest saying is "Uh-oh!" whenever he drops something). We wait on the Lord to see when He wants us to try for another baby.

3. Isaac has a new job, another sales job, that keeps him travelling. And he is considering becoming a fire fighter. I think it would be a perfect fit for him, since he loves a challenge and has never done well with traditional, 9-to-5 jobs.

I am seeking the Lord's will for our future. In the meantime, I enjoy the present moment and all that God gives us. Living with my in-laws has been such a blessing to my family. We've learned a lot and being with family helps to curb my lonliness when Isaac's gone for work. His latest trip was to Idaho, and it's a ten day trip- YIKES!- so I can look forward to seeing him around 3:00 AM this Monday. I can't wait to hug him and enjoy some time together before his next trip.

Summer has been great, full of change and growth. Fall is here, my favorite season, and the weather is perfect. 70 degrees, a slight Autumn breeze...ahh...the weather must feel like this in heaven!

1 comment:

Shari said...

I think a firefighter would be the PERFECT job for Isaac!!! You tell him I said so. :)

You are so amazing you know that?

What a great mom and a great person.

Christmas 2009

Road Trip

Enjoy the Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Ike and Jess

Ike and Jess

Bath time

Bath time
Phoenix loves his bath

What a cutie

What a cutie
Look at that precious smile!

Family Time

Family Time

Laughing and playing

Laughing and playing

Phoenix and Max

Phoenix and Max

Play time

Play time

What's on Daddy's head?

What's on Daddy's head?

pretty flowers in our backyard

pretty flowers in our backyard

Mommy and Me

Mommy and Me

Here's my cute boy!

Here's my cute boy!

Mom and baby in the Jeep

Mom and baby in the Jeep

Our new-to-us car

Our new-to-us car

I love my new high chair!

I love my new high chair!

Wake Up Time

Wake Up Time

I slept through the night!

I slept through the night!

Just hanging out

Just hanging out

What a cute smirk!

What a cute smirk!

Smith Family

Smith Family
Spending time out in the Nevada desert

Sleepy baby

Sleepy baby
He sleeps a lot, huh?

Smith, Party of 5

Smith, Party of 5
Jess, Isaac, PHX, Max, and Jack

Wake up time!

Wake up time!

Funny bath!

Funny bath!

Mmm....blueberries!

Mmm....blueberries!

Laughing with Daddy

Laughing with Daddy

I drink my sippy all by myself!

I drink my sippy all by myself!

The View From the Porch

The View From the Porch

Phoenix and Daddy with one of the rabbits

Phoenix and Daddy with one of the rabbits

Just goin' for a walk

Just goin' for a walk

Mom and Phoenix

Mom and Phoenix

My two guys, the loves of my life

My two guys, the loves of my life

Breakfast with Daddy is his favorite thing now

Breakfast with Daddy is his favorite thing now

Phoenix playing with Brooklyn, our friends' daughter, in Arizona

Phoenix playing with Brooklyn, our friends' daughter, in Arizona

Lily, my adorable sister

Lily, my adorable sister

Loving his toy mower

Loving his toy mower

Climbing into the laundry basket

Climbing into the laundry basket

Max was licking his hair, which made it crazier than usual.

Max was licking his hair, which made it crazier than usual.

I have been meaning to teach him how to stack these things up like this...

I have been meaning to teach him how to stack these things up like this...

but then one night he figured it out all on his own!

but then one night he figured it out all on his own!

Getting ready for church. I could not tame his hair, just like Isaac's!

Getting ready for church. I could not tame his hair, just like Isaac's!

Admiring his church clothes.

Admiring his church clothes.

Like father, like son. They are watching Monster Trucks on youtube. They did this ALL MORNING. :)

Like father, like son. They are watching Monster Trucks on youtube. They did this ALL MORNING. :)

We call these his Ninja Jammies. Isaac got them at a Dollar Store in California.

We call these his Ninja Jammies. Isaac got them at a Dollar Store in California.

Playing in the sandbox, he loves to get dirty. What a boy!

Playing in the sandbox, he loves to get dirty. What a boy!

Phoenix loves to take rides on Max's back

Phoenix loves to take rides on Max's back

Being goofy

Being goofy

Our kitchen

Our kitchen

Isaac made our headboard from barn wood

Isaac made our headboard from barn wood

Phoenix in Mommy's tummy

Phoenix in Mommy's tummy

My big boy!

My big boy!

Happy 24th to Isaac

Happy 24th to Isaac

Laughing after bath time

Laughing after bath time

The whole family at church

The whole family at church

Bath time with Aunt Lily

Bath time with Aunt Lily

Phoenix was a little wiggly...

Phoenix was a little wiggly...

Us before I got pregnant

Us before I got pregnant

We miss Max!

We miss Max!

We miss Jack too!

We miss Jack too!

Almost a year old!

Almost a year old!

Daddy and phx in the pool

Daddy and phx in the pool

mr. frog

mr. frog

Phoenix loves swimming with Mommy

Phoenix loves swimming with Mommy

so much fun!

so much fun!

My hubby's new haircut!

My hubby's new haircut!

The last shot of Isaac's long hair...

The last shot of Isaac's long hair...

He loves the porch

He loves the porch

Mommy and Phoenix

Mommy and Phoenix
Cuddle time