Friday, February 4, 2011

Hello 2011

We just got the internet at home a couple days ago, so now I can start blogging again!

When I woke up this morning, I was surprised to see that it snowed. I haven't seen snow since I lived in Salt Lake. I miss it! Isaac, Phoenix, and the dogs are out playing in it right now. Yes, the dogs. We recently got a black lab puppy we call Mack and a yellow lab puppy we call Charly. Except for the many accidents on the carpet and the constant chewing on everything, they have been a lot of fun. It is nice to finally have a yard with enough space for our dogs to run and play all day.

Life in Thorndale is going well. Isaac just returned home from a long business trip. First he went to Illinois for a week and then to El Paso for a week. It was a long two weeks! I did a lot of things I thought I'd never do, like go to the grocery store by myself with the kids (that was interesting). I am grateful he doesn't have to take these kinds of trips all the time anymore, like he did when he worked for VitaMix.

Phoenix is still a wild bundle of energy. Chasing the dogs around is his favorite thing to do, and he does it almost non-stop. He also likes to spend time in the "classroom" we set up for him in our spare bedroom. It's full of educational toys and books and fun activities. We have a class fish (a betta) and we spend a couple hours a day in there, learning and playing. He is still the pickest eater ever! Recently he has been saying the CUTEST prayers. Like when he got out of the bath a couple days ago, he was laying down while I dressed him and he said "Dear Jesus, thank you Mommy and Daddy...thank you bath...thank you boat. Amen!" and just now, he came inside and said "Dear Jesus, thank you snow. Thank you trucks. Amen!"

Joslynn goes in for her 4-month check-up on Monday. Wow, has she gotten big and chubby! Let me tell you, she is so sweet and so precious. There really is a big difference between baby boys and baby girls. She is very social and loves to just stare into your eyes, then gives you a huge smile. We say her eyes are as big as Texas because she is wide-eyed, always looking around. She sleeps through the night (whew!) and her favorite thing is for me to hold her and carry her with me everywhere. And I don't mind a bit.

1 comment:

Shari said...

It's so great to hear from you again!!! So happy to have an update. Your sweet baby is beautiful. Just love that pic of her and Isaac touching noses.

Sounds like you guys are doing well. I remember my first outing with my first two kids after the second was born. You feel like you can conquer the world after surviving that! Awesome that she is sleeping through the night. Blessing from heaven!

We will be in Mesquite on the first weekend of April and will be having Seth's baptism then. Wish you guys could be there.

Christmas 2009

Road Trip

Enjoy the Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Ike and Jess

Ike and Jess

Bath time

Bath time
Phoenix loves his bath

What a cutie

What a cutie
Look at that precious smile!

Family Time

Family Time

Laughing and playing

Laughing and playing

Phoenix and Max

Phoenix and Max

Play time

Play time

What's on Daddy's head?

What's on Daddy's head?

pretty flowers in our backyard

pretty flowers in our backyard

Mommy and Me

Mommy and Me

Here's my cute boy!

Here's my cute boy!

Mom and baby in the Jeep

Mom and baby in the Jeep

Our new-to-us car

Our new-to-us car

I love my new high chair!

I love my new high chair!

Wake Up Time

Wake Up Time

I slept through the night!

I slept through the night!

Just hanging out

Just hanging out

What a cute smirk!

What a cute smirk!

Smith Family

Smith Family
Spending time out in the Nevada desert

Sleepy baby

Sleepy baby
He sleeps a lot, huh?

Smith, Party of 5

Smith, Party of 5
Jess, Isaac, PHX, Max, and Jack

Wake up time!

Wake up time!

Funny bath!

Funny bath!

Mmm....blueberries!

Mmm....blueberries!

Laughing with Daddy

Laughing with Daddy

I drink my sippy all by myself!

I drink my sippy all by myself!

The View From the Porch

The View From the Porch

Phoenix and Daddy with one of the rabbits

Phoenix and Daddy with one of the rabbits

Just goin' for a walk

Just goin' for a walk

Mom and Phoenix

Mom and Phoenix

My two guys, the loves of my life

My two guys, the loves of my life

Breakfast with Daddy is his favorite thing now

Breakfast with Daddy is his favorite thing now

Phoenix playing with Brooklyn, our friends' daughter, in Arizona

Phoenix playing with Brooklyn, our friends' daughter, in Arizona

Lily, my adorable sister

Lily, my adorable sister

Loving his toy mower

Loving his toy mower

Climbing into the laundry basket

Climbing into the laundry basket

Max was licking his hair, which made it crazier than usual.

Max was licking his hair, which made it crazier than usual.

I have been meaning to teach him how to stack these things up like this...

I have been meaning to teach him how to stack these things up like this...

but then one night he figured it out all on his own!

but then one night he figured it out all on his own!

Getting ready for church. I could not tame his hair, just like Isaac's!

Getting ready for church. I could not tame his hair, just like Isaac's!

Admiring his church clothes.

Admiring his church clothes.

Like father, like son. They are watching Monster Trucks on youtube. They did this ALL MORNING. :)

Like father, like son. They are watching Monster Trucks on youtube. They did this ALL MORNING. :)

We call these his Ninja Jammies. Isaac got them at a Dollar Store in California.

We call these his Ninja Jammies. Isaac got them at a Dollar Store in California.

Playing in the sandbox, he loves to get dirty. What a boy!

Playing in the sandbox, he loves to get dirty. What a boy!

Phoenix loves to take rides on Max's back

Phoenix loves to take rides on Max's back

Being goofy

Being goofy

Our kitchen

Our kitchen

Isaac made our headboard from barn wood

Isaac made our headboard from barn wood

Phoenix in Mommy's tummy

Phoenix in Mommy's tummy

My big boy!

My big boy!

Happy 24th to Isaac

Happy 24th to Isaac

Laughing after bath time

Laughing after bath time

The whole family at church

The whole family at church

Bath time with Aunt Lily

Bath time with Aunt Lily

Phoenix was a little wiggly...

Phoenix was a little wiggly...

Us before I got pregnant

Us before I got pregnant

We miss Max!

We miss Max!

We miss Jack too!

We miss Jack too!

Almost a year old!

Almost a year old!

Daddy and phx in the pool

Daddy and phx in the pool

mr. frog

mr. frog

Phoenix loves swimming with Mommy

Phoenix loves swimming with Mommy

so much fun!

so much fun!

My hubby's new haircut!

My hubby's new haircut!

The last shot of Isaac's long hair...

The last shot of Isaac's long hair...

He loves the porch

He loves the porch

Mommy and Phoenix

Mommy and Phoenix
Cuddle time