Yesterday Phoenix and I ran some errands. We went to Wal Mart to buy a few things, and I noticed some sandals on sale for $7. This seemed great to me, since I am not willing to spend more than $10 on shoes for him. They were these cute brown sandals, but when I put them on his feet he tried to shake them off and said "Yucky!". My 22-month-old son has a taste in shoes? What? I laughed at him, especially after I replaced his worn out, camo-style tennis shoes, and he seemed more than content with those.
Then we went to the Annual Lompoc Flower Festival, which is just a fancy name for the city's summer carnival. A lot like Mesquite Days. The karaoke was bad (would have been much worse if I joined in), and Phoenix enjoyed playing on the playground. Even with carnival rides and sticky food all around him, he chose the playground. His new thing is lying down on his belly in the sand and squirming around like a snake. I'm not sure if he just likes the feeling of the sand on his skin or what, but every time we come home from these trips, his shoes are loaded with sand...and so is his diaper.
On the way home I saw a license plate that said "Having Fun in Lompoc." I smiled and thought to myself how true that is of our life right now. Yes, Isaac is working super hard, and sure, we have days that are difficult. But mostly we are enjoying this season God has given us, as a small family of three, waiting for #4 to come into the world, and just having fun in Lompoc.
"...Be content with the things you have..." Hebrews 13:5
Friday, June 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Ike and Jess
Bath time
Phoenix loves his bath
What a cutie
Look at that precious smile!
Family Time
Laughing and playing
Phoenix and Max
Play time
What's on Daddy's head?
pretty flowers in our backyard
Mommy and Me
Here's my cute boy!
Mom and baby in the Jeep
Our new-to-us car
I love my new high chair!
Wake Up Time
I slept through the night!
Just hanging out
What a cute smirk!
Smith Family
Spending time out in the Nevada desert
Sleepy baby
He sleeps a lot, huh?
Smith, Party of 5
Jess, Isaac, PHX, Max, and Jack
Wake up time!
Funny bath!
Mmm....blueberries!
Laughing with Daddy
I drink my sippy all by myself!
The View From the Porch
Phoenix and Daddy with one of the rabbits
Just goin' for a walk
Mom and Phoenix
My two guys, the loves of my life
Breakfast with Daddy is his favorite thing now
Phoenix playing with Brooklyn, our friends' daughter, in Arizona
Lily, my adorable sister
Loving his toy mower
Climbing into the laundry basket
Max was licking his hair, which made it crazier than usual.
I have been meaning to teach him how to stack these things up like this...
but then one night he figured it out all on his own!
Getting ready for church. I could not tame his hair, just like Isaac's!
Admiring his church clothes.
Like father, like son. They are watching Monster Trucks on youtube. They did this ALL MORNING. :)
We call these his Ninja Jammies. Isaac got them at a Dollar Store in California.
Playing in the sandbox, he loves to get dirty. What a boy!
Phoenix loves to take rides on Max's back
Being goofy
Our kitchen
Isaac made our headboard from barn wood
Phoenix in Mommy's tummy
My big boy!
Happy 24th to Isaac
Laughing after bath time
The whole family at church
Bath time with Aunt Lily
Phoenix was a little wiggly...
Us before I got pregnant
We miss Max!
We miss Jack too!
Almost a year old!
Daddy and phx in the pool
mr. frog
Phoenix loves swimming with Mommy
so much fun!
My hubby's new haircut!
The last shot of Isaac's long hair...
He loves the porch
Mommy and Phoenix
Cuddle time









No comments:
Post a Comment