Monday, June 8, 2009

What a Season

Tomorrow Phoenix and I go to Georgetown, Texas, to visit Grandma and Grandpa Ortiz. I am nervous for the flight alone without my hubby, but I've been praying about it for a week. I trust in the Lord to provide the way!

Isaac got a haircut today, and it's short. I told him it's like high school all over again! We both loved his long hair but he has gotten tired of "doing his hair" every morning. Now he doesn't need a brush or hairspray anymore!

Missouri has been such a fun adventure so far. We are enjoying the cows that graze in a huge meadow right outside our back porch. The weather is nice, and of course it's humid but we like it. As Isaac says, it's hot in St. George and it's hot here, but at least here it's beautiful. And it is, lots of trees and green pastures. Perfect place for nature people like we are. I have a lot more time now that we don't have a TV to read and reflect. I am growing closer to the Lord and to my husband and little boy. This is a season of our lives we will remember for a long time.

2 comments:

Shari said...

Oh.My.Gosh. When I logged on I thought I had accidentally logged on to Marcus and Chelsey's blog! Isaac looks JUST like him now!!

I think you're right. You are creating beautiful memories while in this phase of your life

Have a great trip!

Laura said...

Whoa! He looks a lot different! But in a good way. It loks beautiful out there! We miss you guys.

Christmas 2009

Road Trip

Enjoy the Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Ike and Jess

Ike and Jess

Bath time

Bath time
Phoenix loves his bath

What a cutie

What a cutie
Look at that precious smile!

Family Time

Family Time

Laughing and playing

Laughing and playing

Phoenix and Max

Phoenix and Max

Play time

Play time

What's on Daddy's head?

What's on Daddy's head?

pretty flowers in our backyard

pretty flowers in our backyard

Mommy and Me

Mommy and Me

Here's my cute boy!

Here's my cute boy!

Mom and baby in the Jeep

Mom and baby in the Jeep

Our new-to-us car

Our new-to-us car

I love my new high chair!

I love my new high chair!

Wake Up Time

Wake Up Time

I slept through the night!

I slept through the night!

Just hanging out

Just hanging out

What a cute smirk!

What a cute smirk!

Smith Family

Smith Family
Spending time out in the Nevada desert

Sleepy baby

Sleepy baby
He sleeps a lot, huh?

Smith, Party of 5

Smith, Party of 5
Jess, Isaac, PHX, Max, and Jack

Wake up time!

Wake up time!

Funny bath!

Funny bath!

Mmm....blueberries!

Mmm....blueberries!

Laughing with Daddy

Laughing with Daddy

I drink my sippy all by myself!

I drink my sippy all by myself!

The View From the Porch

The View From the Porch

Phoenix and Daddy with one of the rabbits

Phoenix and Daddy with one of the rabbits

Just goin' for a walk

Just goin' for a walk

Mom and Phoenix

Mom and Phoenix

My two guys, the loves of my life

My two guys, the loves of my life

Breakfast with Daddy is his favorite thing now

Breakfast with Daddy is his favorite thing now

Phoenix playing with Brooklyn, our friends' daughter, in Arizona

Phoenix playing with Brooklyn, our friends' daughter, in Arizona

Lily, my adorable sister

Lily, my adorable sister

Loving his toy mower

Loving his toy mower

Climbing into the laundry basket

Climbing into the laundry basket

Max was licking his hair, which made it crazier than usual.

Max was licking his hair, which made it crazier than usual.

I have been meaning to teach him how to stack these things up like this...

I have been meaning to teach him how to stack these things up like this...

but then one night he figured it out all on his own!

but then one night he figured it out all on his own!

Getting ready for church. I could not tame his hair, just like Isaac's!

Getting ready for church. I could not tame his hair, just like Isaac's!

Admiring his church clothes.

Admiring his church clothes.

Like father, like son. They are watching Monster Trucks on youtube. They did this ALL MORNING. :)

Like father, like son. They are watching Monster Trucks on youtube. They did this ALL MORNING. :)

We call these his Ninja Jammies. Isaac got them at a Dollar Store in California.

We call these his Ninja Jammies. Isaac got them at a Dollar Store in California.

Playing in the sandbox, he loves to get dirty. What a boy!

Playing in the sandbox, he loves to get dirty. What a boy!

Phoenix loves to take rides on Max's back

Phoenix loves to take rides on Max's back

Being goofy

Being goofy

Our kitchen

Our kitchen

Isaac made our headboard from barn wood

Isaac made our headboard from barn wood

Phoenix in Mommy's tummy

Phoenix in Mommy's tummy

My big boy!

My big boy!

Happy 24th to Isaac

Happy 24th to Isaac

Laughing after bath time

Laughing after bath time

The whole family at church

The whole family at church

Bath time with Aunt Lily

Bath time with Aunt Lily

Phoenix was a little wiggly...

Phoenix was a little wiggly...

Us before I got pregnant

Us before I got pregnant

We miss Max!

We miss Max!

We miss Jack too!

We miss Jack too!

Almost a year old!

Almost a year old!

Daddy and phx in the pool

Daddy and phx in the pool

mr. frog

mr. frog

Phoenix loves swimming with Mommy

Phoenix loves swimming with Mommy

so much fun!

so much fun!

My hubby's new haircut!

My hubby's new haircut!

The last shot of Isaac's long hair...

The last shot of Isaac's long hair...

He loves the porch

He loves the porch

Mommy and Phoenix

Mommy and Phoenix
Cuddle time