Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Cup Runneth Over

Wow, what a week this has been! Mother's Day was a lot of fun. We went to Mesquite and ate a delicious meal at Bubba and Wendy's. Phoenix totally LOVES his grandma and grandpa Smith, so he had so much fun riding on grandpa's shoulders, eating strawberries from Grandma's garden, and playing with his cousins, Mattix and Diesel. It was a fun, relaxing day.

At home, things are pretty good. Isaac and I are selling a lot of our things at a garage sale this weekend, so that will be interesting! And Isaac is going to an away football game on Saturday, let's hope the Blitz CRUSH 'EM! We didn't win our last 2 games...the weather in St. George is great, really sunny and warm. Phoenix is growing beautifully, and except for the fact that he seems to be resisting solid foods and still wakes up 2-3 times at night to eat, everything is going smoothly. He will be 9 months old on May 24th.

Isaac and I have discussed having another baby, and if I were to get pregnant we would be happy, but the time doesn't feel right to start intentionally trying. Then again, how does anyone know when the time is right? We are blessed to enjoy great health, a thriving baby boy (although a very challenging and aggressive little boy!), a loving marriage, great food and clean drinking water, a place to lay our heads, freedom to worship, faith in the ALMIGHTY God, and family that loves us. We are truly rich, indeed. My cup runneth over.

2 comments:

Shari said...

Yeah!! An update! Good to hear from you again. Phoenix is cute as ever and I see he is 'milking' his momma for all he can get!

Well, Eden is 3 and still in diapers because she refuses to potty train so lets keep telling ourselves, "This too shall pass."

Miss you guys too!

Mallissa said...

Oh I love when you update! I miss you dearly! Im glad things are great for you guys. Phoenix is getting so big! What a stud! Wow almost nine months. Noah here is almost 7 months and time is flying. I hope you get pregnant when you want another one. That will be fun . We are having another baby in Dec. It'll be crazy but we are very excited!
Talk to you another time! Miss you, keep updating

Christmas 2009

Road Trip

Enjoy the Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Ike and Jess

Ike and Jess

Bath time

Bath time
Phoenix loves his bath

What a cutie

What a cutie
Look at that precious smile!

Family Time

Family Time

Laughing and playing

Laughing and playing

Phoenix and Max

Phoenix and Max

Play time

Play time

What's on Daddy's head?

What's on Daddy's head?

pretty flowers in our backyard

pretty flowers in our backyard

Mommy and Me

Mommy and Me

Here's my cute boy!

Here's my cute boy!

Mom and baby in the Jeep

Mom and baby in the Jeep

Our new-to-us car

Our new-to-us car

I love my new high chair!

I love my new high chair!

Wake Up Time

Wake Up Time

I slept through the night!

I slept through the night!

Just hanging out

Just hanging out

What a cute smirk!

What a cute smirk!

Smith Family

Smith Family
Spending time out in the Nevada desert

Sleepy baby

Sleepy baby
He sleeps a lot, huh?

Smith, Party of 5

Smith, Party of 5
Jess, Isaac, PHX, Max, and Jack

Wake up time!

Wake up time!

Funny bath!

Funny bath!

Mmm....blueberries!

Mmm....blueberries!

Laughing with Daddy

Laughing with Daddy

I drink my sippy all by myself!

I drink my sippy all by myself!

The View From the Porch

The View From the Porch

Phoenix and Daddy with one of the rabbits

Phoenix and Daddy with one of the rabbits

Just goin' for a walk

Just goin' for a walk

Mom and Phoenix

Mom and Phoenix

My two guys, the loves of my life

My two guys, the loves of my life

Breakfast with Daddy is his favorite thing now

Breakfast with Daddy is his favorite thing now

Phoenix playing with Brooklyn, our friends' daughter, in Arizona

Phoenix playing with Brooklyn, our friends' daughter, in Arizona

Lily, my adorable sister

Lily, my adorable sister

Loving his toy mower

Loving his toy mower

Climbing into the laundry basket

Climbing into the laundry basket

Max was licking his hair, which made it crazier than usual.

Max was licking his hair, which made it crazier than usual.

I have been meaning to teach him how to stack these things up like this...

I have been meaning to teach him how to stack these things up like this...

but then one night he figured it out all on his own!

but then one night he figured it out all on his own!

Getting ready for church. I could not tame his hair, just like Isaac's!

Getting ready for church. I could not tame his hair, just like Isaac's!

Admiring his church clothes.

Admiring his church clothes.

Like father, like son. They are watching Monster Trucks on youtube. They did this ALL MORNING. :)

Like father, like son. They are watching Monster Trucks on youtube. They did this ALL MORNING. :)

We call these his Ninja Jammies. Isaac got them at a Dollar Store in California.

We call these his Ninja Jammies. Isaac got them at a Dollar Store in California.

Playing in the sandbox, he loves to get dirty. What a boy!

Playing in the sandbox, he loves to get dirty. What a boy!

Phoenix loves to take rides on Max's back

Phoenix loves to take rides on Max's back

Being goofy

Being goofy

Our kitchen

Our kitchen

Isaac made our headboard from barn wood

Isaac made our headboard from barn wood

Phoenix in Mommy's tummy

Phoenix in Mommy's tummy

My big boy!

My big boy!

Happy 24th to Isaac

Happy 24th to Isaac

Laughing after bath time

Laughing after bath time

The whole family at church

The whole family at church

Bath time with Aunt Lily

Bath time with Aunt Lily

Phoenix was a little wiggly...

Phoenix was a little wiggly...

Us before I got pregnant

Us before I got pregnant

We miss Max!

We miss Max!

We miss Jack too!

We miss Jack too!

Almost a year old!

Almost a year old!

Daddy and phx in the pool

Daddy and phx in the pool

mr. frog

mr. frog

Phoenix loves swimming with Mommy

Phoenix loves swimming with Mommy

so much fun!

so much fun!

My hubby's new haircut!

My hubby's new haircut!

The last shot of Isaac's long hair...

The last shot of Isaac's long hair...

He loves the porch

He loves the porch

Mommy and Phoenix

Mommy and Phoenix
Cuddle time